Thursday, August 13, 2009

Estate Sale

So, today I stopped at an estate sale on the opposite side of our block. I have been avoiding garage sales and estate sales as a rule, but I went anyway. Apparently, the owner of the house was in Poland. I didn't catch what she was doing there, but someone mentioned that she was selling it all and moving on. We found a few little things--some small Ikea jars for 50 cents a piece and an edger (manual, not electric or anything). On our way out, Molly spotted a matress. It was a good one from a pet-free home and included a bed. I really didn't want the bed, but the guy was not willing to split them up. He wanted $50 for them and didn't want to bargin because it was the first day of the sale, but I asked more than once and he agreed to $40.

I landed a nice, sturdy twin frame and boxspring for free last week, and so tonight we set up Molly's bed! Now, I'm hoping actually having the bed in there will help us to figure out what really works as far as getting the room organized, and hopefully, one, Molly will decide to sleep there, and two, she'll be more motivated to pick up her stuff. I can dream, can't I? Now we just need a nice dresser.

Also, on Monday, I pulled out my old Franklin Planner and found a website that had free pages. I printed some off and also printed off a Motivated Mom's calendar sized for my planner. This is a general housekeeping plan that has daily jobs listed. I need something to get me on track, and while I am perfectly capapble of making up my own calender, I don't want to have to put any thought into it. So...I figured out I had a hole punching problem, as the Franklin Planner has 7 rings. I couldn't locate my hole punch (1 hole). I have a 3-hole punch, but that wasn't going to work either. I called Ben to see if someone at work might happen to have a punch for the Franklin Planners, but, no luck. So, I was just keeping all those loose papers in the planner. And, today, at the estate sale, what should happen to be sitting waiting for me but a Franklin Planner hole punch?!!!

I think someone is watching over us.

2 comments:

Michelle L said...

You need to keep track of these "coincidences"!!! :) What a funny book of testimony to God's provision and faithfulness they would make!! Hysterical! - It's fitting that He shows you His sense of humor!! I'm happy you are receiving some obvious blessings - no matter how small!!

Sarah said...

That is too good!