Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Teamwork

It's time, now, for some restructuring in our household. I've been thinking about it for awhile. About a week ago, I put together chore schedules and lists for each of the kids. I can't say they're totally up and running yet. I told them on Sunday that they were now in effect. So far, they seem to be going OK. There has been some balking and disbelief about what they have been asked to do--"I have to clean the bathroom?!" But, it has been done, and I think that they are seeing that the chores I have asked are not majorly time consuming. Killian did the weekly cleaning on the bathroom yesterday afternoon. I did come in and supervise and give some pointers (like mop the floor as you back out rather than all around you, LOL). Perfection? Probably not. But it's shiny, and cleaner than it was, and I didn't do it!

I am sure that in a week or two, I will need to refine the system, figuring out what might need to be done more often, better checklists to make sure everything is done, etc.

I also just read Have a New Kid by Friday. I have some mixed feelings on some of his advice and flat-out disagree with some, but it has given me some ideas and inspiration for working with the kids behavior-wise.

We placed our first seed order of the year to Totally Tomatoes. I will share that info in Remaking Suburbia.


No comments: