Monday, June 14, 2010

Liam


Liam turned nine almost two weeks ago. We were all sick, and so put off a gathering of neighbor kids and a few other school friends, not once, but twice. We landed on last Wednesday, a school day, but a half day. A crew of kids gathered at our house beginning at a little after 11:00 (when the middle school got out and I picked up Killian with three of his friends). When the elementary let out, four neighbors, another friend of Liam's, and another friend of Killian's arrived. My kind neighbor (whose kids were part of the gang) saved me and picked up pizza when I realized the place I had hoped would deliver did not open until three! She also helped by dishing up ice cream to go with Liam's requested angel food cake with chocolate frosting (I made whipped-cream frosting).

Liam started requesting angel food cake with chocolate frosting last year out of the blue. He says he had some at the neighbors' house, but I didn't know about it at the time, and I prefer to think that it's a genetic thing, as that is the cake that my dad always has for his birthday. ;)

I was thinking just now, remembering that when we were trying to conceive our second baby, I was so sad one month to find out that I was not pregnant. I had a dream then that I had twins, and I decided that it meant that I would have a gemini baby. And I did, my precious little Liam. Thank goodness it didn't mean I'd have twins. ;)


1 comment:

JennyDillBrown said...

Booooy, howdy. Twins would be so hardcore. I don't know how Grandma Dill lived through Dad and Terry. Or the rest of them, for that matter.