Friday, October 1, 2010

Fall Film Festival!

Before I post this year's preliminary list, a re-cap of last year's festival:

We listened briefly to The Witch Family, but no one really took interest.
Wallace and Gromit A Matter of Loaf and Death--We enjoyed this one, but we watched it again recently.
Wallace and Gromit The Curse of the WereRabbit--Still Good
Shaun the Sheep Little Sheep of Horrors--These are all good.
Earnest Scared Stupid (
OK, this may be a huge mistake).--we didn't venture this one
Monsters, Inc. (we haven't watched this one in awhile)--I don't think we watched this in October, but we did watch it again recently. It is good.
Young Frankenstein--Decided against this one
Disney's Witches--We like this one, but it is a bit creepy.
Disney's Mickey's House of Villains--Good
Disney's The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad (
this includes Legend of Sleepy Hallow)--Good, and a little creepy.
Wizard of Oz--I think you know this one. We did not watch this last year, but maybe we will this year.
Clifford Halloween--Didn't watch
Little Monsters--um, watched part of this this summer, and do not recommend. Fred Savage and lots of curse words.
The Mummy (1932)-didn't watch
Dracula (1931)-didn't watch
Frankenweenie-didn't watch
Harry Potter (1&2)-I think we watched these when they were broadcast on cable TV around
Halloween. Always good.
Escape to Witch Mountain--The kids balked at watching an "old" movie, but liked it.

This year, I'm off to a late start. I posted on Facebook looking for ideas. I'm feeling like we've pretty well exhausted the family-friendly Halloween movie options. In the past, I've focused on October and Halloween-type movies, but I have always liked the idea of including some other Fall-ish movies on into November. I think this year's list will be good!



No comments: