So, since we have milk and cream, I've been trying some new things. So far, I've made buttermilk (for bread and pancakes), sour cream, butter, and cream cheese. I tried yogurt without heating it, and it didn't firm up, so we made smoothies with it. You know how you make most of this stuff? You leave the milk sitting out! It seems odd to do such a thing, but that's it.
Oh, and I almost forgot ice cream! We've done that twice. Mom and Dad were here and got to sample some of that last week. (That does not involve leaving the milk sitting out.)
Perhaps sometime, I'll post about how to do some of this. It's really quite simple.

1 comment:
We just signed up to get some raw milk (and eggs) from a local farmer. We've gotten one gallon so far... it is psychologically hard for me to drink it, though I know it's fine!`
Post a Comment