Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Boys...

Liam is such a character.  He tells us lots of facts he's learned.  This morning, though, he told me, "I pretty much hate school."  
"Pretty much?" I asked.  
"Yeah," he said.  "Is the last day of school June 1st?"
Killian told him that it would be June 3rd.
"Good," he said. "So I will get to bring treats for my birthday."  

Killian told me during the same conversation, "I wish we could just be homeschooled."  Then, before he left, he told me that he scored the highest among the 5th graders on the "Battle of the Books" quiz.  He scored a 16 (I don't know out of how many), and the second highest score in his class was a 7.  Other people on the team  had scored 3's, so apparently, the overall scores must have been pretty bad.  It's funny because he generally only picks up books by force at home.  Apparently, he is an avid reader at school. 

No comments: