So, it's the first grocery trip of the year. It was a poor decision on my part. I decided at the last minute to go before the boys would get back from school. We left at about 2:20 PM. Sadly, this is Reagan's prime naptime. We saw one of the women I share milk pick up with, and she unfortunately witnessed Reagan's repeated attempts to dive from the cart. Yes, the two-year old in her was definitely evident on this trip. Molly did well, though she did have a snowflake tattoo on her forehead, purple floral Vans, bare legs, her fairy spinny skirt, and a red sparkly Cat in the Hat long sleeved t-shirt (on backwards). She actually wore her snowpants and coat into the store, but took them off after we got inside.
Soooo. I initially only planned to buy groceries for about 2 weeks worth of meals, but I wound up buying more meat than I needed because some of it was at really good prices.
Amount Spent: 52.93.
1 bunch bananas
3 lbs Naturewell ground beef
2 doz. eggs
4 + lb. chuck roast
6 lb. pork roast (picnic)
10 lb+ boneless skinless chicken breast
1 bunch celery
1 3lb bag carrots
1 cup yogurt (starter for homemade)
2 bags frozen broccoli
1 20 lb. bag of grapefruit
I have to refigure my meal plans, but I think this should get us through a month with minimal additions. This time, I'll let you know what we're eating around here! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment