I tried a new granola recipe last week, and everyone seems to like it (hooray!), so hopefully, we can ride with it for a bit and skip the box cereals the boys have been eating since school started. I have 25 lbs. of oat groats coming from the co-op, and just in time as I just ran out (except for 1 cup) making another batch for the week. I was hoping I had enough to do another batch of the granola bars (which were also a hit), but that will have to wait until they come in.
Soo...Meijer: $42.82.
Running total: $127.51 (including Halloween candy and bandaids)
3 packs kid's bandaids (on sale for 99 cents!)--these are for stocking stuffers (shhhhh). Maybe those don't have to count in the grocery budget.
2 lbs. turkey ham (lunches for Ben and Liam)
2 big bags of Halloween Candy (that wasn't on my list, but Ben thought we'd better start stocking up).
6 packages Ramen noodles (the kids are Ramen fanatics *sigh*)
Paper towel
bendy straws (I don't know why, but these are a must when drinking smoothies).
1 2 liter diet Pepsi (Ben's ONLY vice ;) )
2 boxes tissue
Frozen veggies--broc, mixed, peas & carrots (should have waited on these for Aldi's, but we'll need some of them before then, and I don't like Aldi's broc--too many stems) $1 a bag
diced tomatoes
Bleach
hand soap
sandwich bags
bacon (2 packages)
Most everything was on sale, and the bacon was on my Aldi's list for $1 more than we spent.
Thanks, Ben!!!

4 comments:
Good job on the grocery budgeting! Just FYI...I have venison, very high quality...Chuck does it himself and we have two freezers full. We supply several families around here and when we still have too much we give to the food pantry. You are welcome to some of it if you let me know a time you are coming down. We can load you up. Some people frown on venison, but it is really much better for you than beef and I prefer it...not a fatty.
Love ya...Aunt Marcia
We're a little leery of it, though I think it's a great idea. Meat doesn't get much more free-range, eh? I hear that if you cook it right, it's good. Maybe we'll give some a try?!
You are welcome to some honey. It is all in how it is prepared by the processer and what the "free-range" is. I am told by other hunters that have hunted areas not around here, where the main forage is not corn and the meat has an entirely different taste. Removal of all the bone is also essential for a milder taste. With those things done correctly...I really don't change much else about the way I cook with it, especially the ground burger! Just let me know...we would be happy to share. I have one hispanic family here in town that really goes through alot. They have four children in college and two still in high school...alot of mouths to feed and she trades me out for authentic enchiladas....oh my!
Yum! That sounds like a good trade!
Post a Comment