After the farmer's market, we headed on toward the farm where we have a cow share. Near there is an apple orchard, and we stopped there and picked up a bushel of apples. I wasn't going to get that much, but decided with all those apples staring at me that it would be good to make applesauce. We left, and I remembered I meant to look at their maple syrup. I had checked the one stand in the farmer's market that had it today, and wasn't thrilled by their prices. We stopped at the next orchard (about a block from the one we usually visit). A quart for $15.00. Nope. So, we went back and picked up a gallon of syrup at the first orchard.
Then, on to the milkhouse. Almost as soon as I had things set up to start pouring milk into jars, Molly insisted that she had to go to the bathroom and couldn't hold it any longer. I left everything sitting, and drove her over to the other barn where there is a bathroom. We could have walked, but she was in quite the hurry, and there were some really mean geese in the yard right near where we would have walked. So, then, we drove back to the milkhouse and finished with getting milk (for us and 2 other families).
I stopped and bought gas at a station that always has cheaper gas, for 3.18 a gallon. The pump kept clicking off, so I bought $10 worth and quit. Then, about a mile later, I saw another station that had gas for 3.10! No worry though, I still did better than in my town, where it had dropped from this morning's 3.39 to 3.33 when we got back.
I missed my exit heading home, and remembered I wanted to stop at the bread store anyway (just a little further down the road). We stopped at the bread store. We drove back home (about 20 minutes), stopping to drop off milk for the people we exchange pick up with. While I was getting the first person's milk out of the cooler, I flipped a carton of eggs and broke about 4.
So, I came home, unpacked all the stuff, rinsed out the coolers, and cooked up the four eggs that had cracked (consider it lunch--Reagan ate at least one). And now it's 2:50. And I'm tired. And Reagan slept for a bit in the car on the way there, so she won't be taking another nap lately, but she still definitely wants to nurse.
I think I have to go drink some iced tea so I can stay awake and hopefully at least get a little cleaning done before everyone gets home. I guess I also still have time to pull out bread dough for pizza (thank goodness).

2 comments:
I simply cannot believe you did all that before 3pm! Amazing!!
Thanks. Why does it never feel like enough????
Post a Comment