Saturday, November 29, 2008

So...

Today's the Dill/Allen Thanksgiving celebration, and I'm at home in my pjs nursing a cold, and Ben's upstairs laying on the couch with ice on his back.  Pretty sad.  I suppose we at least delay holiday pounds this way, eh?

I am happy to say that the cold has at least moved out of my upper sinuses, so today I can keep my eyes open.  I have finally reached the place where I don't just keep feeling increasingly worse, which is improvement, trust me.  

Julie's post about her Goodwill scores reminded me that I haven't posted my own.  I'm trying to make sure that I make regular stops at ours, though my bet is that our Goodwill receives donations nothing like Goodwill in Plano must.  
Anyway, finds of note:

A nappy-headed Barbie beauty head, with nails and hot/cold water color changing makeup and nail polish.  We washed and conditioned her hair (well, I did), and it actually came out looking pretty good.  Molly loves it, and it was $1.99.  I wasn't terribly excited about it until I saw that they go for $30+ in the stores.  And, you can bet I'd never buy one for that price.

a bag of cool plastic animals to stick in stockings, 99 cents.  Ben mentioned that they were probably painted with lead paint, but I suppose the chances of that are just as good if I bought them at Meijer.

A pair of Quicksilver snowboarding pants with neoprene inserts for the knees and bum for Killian, $4.99.  I didn't know their value until I did some searching online, and I cannot find the EXACT pair, but they appear to run somewhere in the $90.00 range.

A Land's End longsleeved playdress for Molly, in great condition, $1.99. And it's purple (that gets points from Molly).

I've also found a few nice dress shirts and polos for Killian, as well as a couple of pairs of pants, but I'm having trouble with sizes for him, and he's very particular, so I don't know if they will work out or not.  

Anyway, I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday.  We miss you.

No comments: