Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Library

I think maybe I have a problem.  I cannot leave the library, it seems, without an overflowing bag of books.  When I look for a book on a topic, I often have an urge to check out or request every book on said topic available.  I don't know why that is.  I tend never to think, "I'll get that one next," but instead, I check them all out at once, and sometimes they have to be returned before I can get to them all.  

Today, our library bag broke.  One end of both handles broke.  Thankfully, the breaks were on opposite sides, so I was able to carry the (overloaded) bag out of the library.  Now, these weren't all my books.  Molly picked out a ton, I had some on hold, and I picked out quite a pile to read to her and to go along with our current study of Africa--some folk tales, an atlas, and a huge stack on different African animals.  I tried to convince her that she should just get one on each animal, but apparently, she suffers from the same ailment as her mother.  

I was disappointed that I brought the wrong keychain and couldn't check out a drawing book for Liam I had placed on hold on his account.  There was also a book I had placed on hold under Ben's name.  Like I needed a couple more books....


No comments: