Tuesday, February 17, 2009

~~~~whine~~~~

RSV=Respiratory Syncytial Virus .  It was what put Molly in the hospital when she was about 15 months old.  We didn't want to mess around because the girls sounded like they were drowning.  We all got a nasty flu the year Molly was born.  I remember her as a tiny little baby coughing like a little old man, poor thing.  She was, like, 2 months old.  She got pneumonia/RSV the next winter and pneumonia again about a year later.  So, we tend to get a bit nervous about this kind of thing.  She's had plenty of colds, but not like this.  

I emailed my boss to see if there is ~anything~ I can teach this term.  Of course, there is not.  And, as we are in the midst of terms, finding something immediately teaching-wise is very unlikely.  Now, mind you, we're doing OK.  Ben's paycheck hasn't suffered yet, but he is working much harder than he used to to bring it in.  There will be layoffs in his district soon.  He believes his job is secure, but the mere fact that it is happening is demoralizing.  

Reagan and Molly are miserable.  Killian is still miserable, even though he's going to school every day (or maybe because, LOL).  We haven't had a good night's sleep in over a week.  I am seriously considering taking up caffeine again...Ben is not feeling good.  I'm feeling mild cold symptoms, but nothing a good dose of sleep wouldn't help. Darn it. 

No comments: