This week, I am not teaching: no emails to check, no papers to grade. So, my hope has been to get our house in order before the new term begins on Monday. We were off to a slow start as we spent a long weekend in St. Joe for Katey's baby shower. We had a nice, quick visit with everyone.
We didn't get home until about 6:00 pm Monday. Ben was in Traverse City from Sunday until Tuesday afternoon, so it was just the kids and me. We picked up Jody's (a restaurant about two blocks from our house,LOL) and ate and watched TV. Everyone piled into bed with me, and we all fell asleep kind of late. Then we slept in abnormally late too. Molly actually slept until 9:00! She's usually up by 7:30 at the latest!
Tuesday was pretty slow too. We started a unit on Frogs and Crayfish. Ben came home in the early afternoon and helped the kids clean up the livingroom. I got several loads of laundry done, wiped down the downstairs bath, and emptied and loaded the dishwasher. I started pumpkin muffins and crackers (so the flour could soak overnight).
Today, I ran the dishwasher (meant to do that last night). I made pumpkin muffins for breakfast. I cleaned the laundry room, did more laundry, wiped down the upstairs bath, got Reagan to sleep for about 15 minutes in bed, then she woke up and spent the afternoon nursing....Then I got the living room picked up and vacuumed. I even had time for a quick dust and scrubbed a 12X18 crayon masterpiece off the wall...
Ben called while I was doing laundry. He is picking up bread, tomatoes, and lettuce for BLT's. I'm off to cook bacon and try to make some progress in the kitchen! I also need to make those crackers I started last night.
You CAN Eat Beef Heart!
2 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment