Here are the titles I'm considering. I'm looking for stuff that's not *too* scary (we have someone who's very sensitive to the idea of ghosties at our house...). I'd also like to avoid anything with too much cheesy budding teen romance too, as it is still a bit much for us.
Hocus Pocus
Witches
Disney's Haunted Mansion
Nightmare Before Christmas
Corpse Bride
ET (remember, this took place on Halloween???)
The Curse of the Were-Rabbit (Wallace and Grommet)
Addams Family movies
Monsters, Inc.
Harry Potter (the first one)
It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!
Others to consider, but I haven't seen them (anyone?)
Young Frankenstein
Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein
The Ghost and Mr. Chicken
Escape to Witch Mountain
Twitches
HalloweenTown
Any I've missed?
Disney has pronounced October "Wiz-tober" and is showing a Halloween movie every night, and ABC family has 13 days of Halloween. I don't know what's on their playlists. I imagine
a few on our list will be there. Beetlejuice is in there, and the boys have watched it before, but I'm not really crazy about it...It gets kind of weird in places. I don't know.
And, while I'm on the topic of movies, the Dove Family Film Festival is running again. If you have kids, you should check it out! There are some good movies showing in the next few weeks. Kids are free, and adults are $2.50. I think Mom and Dad and Jenny and Willis saw Madagascar with us one year during this. Hopefully, we will catch one or two of these between now and the beginning of November (How can we pass up $5 for a movie in the theater??) I may have to convince everyone we can pack snacks in the diaper bag (no body really likes to do this, but, yes, I'm cheap when it comes to stuff like that). Too bad Jenny's not around to go to movies with me. I'll bet she'd do it without blinking. ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment