

I couldn't take it anymore--I needed to make something with the new machine. So, Sunday, I pulled it out and cut up one of those coffee bean bags and made this little bag. Perhaps it was folly for my first project to include the very thing that broke my last machine, but apparently, the desire to make something out of those bags is too great for me.
Then, yesterday, I cut up a pair of Ben's old khaki's and turned them into a new library bag. Both projects were a lesson in remembering how to sew, but I think they came out OK. I should probably mention that when I asked Ben if I could cut up his "khakis," he assumed I meant his tan/khaki-colored cargo pants, and he really did not want me to make a bag from his favorite old cargos. I am sorry about that, Ben.
This morning, with most of a full bobbin of thread and a ready machine, I made quick repairs to two pairs of Ben's jeans and 2 diaper covers. I need to do some other things, but it will require my changing the thread (Like that's such a huge job...but, obviously, I have other things I need to be doing too).

No comments:
Post a Comment