Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Flakey, Flakey

Boy, I messed up last week. I guess I was so focused on trying to get workouts in that I forgot some things. 1) a parent meeting reviewing the contents of the "reproductive health" lesson for Killian's class. His lesson is today. Oy. He told me yesterday that he had heard some weird stories. He said that before Mr. Quaker showed a filmstrip (last year--Killian wasn't there), he made all the boys yell the word "penis" really loudly three times in a row. I presume it was an attempt to ward off a gigglefest during the film.

2) I missed Molly's kindergarten round-up. The secretary from school called the next day and asked to make a screening appointment. She said, "Now, can you remember that?" I thought that was rather odd, and it wasn't until later that day we stopped at school (for something else) when she gave me a packet of information that I realized I had missed it.

I have been working out hard for the last week. I am doing T-Tapp. It is a workout that is based in physical therapy. It works to reallign your body and develop muscles from the inside out. I am already seeing a difference, and I have worked out 7 times. I am very impressed with it. And I need it. I took my measurments, so I could keep track of what I lost in inches, but I don't know what I did with them (see the title of this blog entry).

The weather has been lovely, up until today, really, though it was threatening rain all day yesterday. The kids have been out bug hunting and digging in the yard. I have some lettuce sprouting in some clementine boxes. Ben finished the self-watering planters I started, but we haven't planted anything yet. We're planning to plant the majority of things Mother's Day Weekend (Mother's Day is also K's 11th birthday~he was born on Mother's Day, as well!). I need to get out and plant carrots (we got a rainbow mix, so that should be fun!) and radishes immediately, though.

I need to go. Molly desperately wants to paint some rocks. ;)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Ah, these things happen! I'll have to check out this T-Tapp!