




It's spring break here. Ben's brother Jacob is visiting, and we're all hanging around and having fun. Ben took the week off from work. Yesterday the big kids and Ben and Jacob went to see Monsters vs. Aliens at the I-max in 3-D. It was declared to be the best movie ever. We've also watched a few movies here, played lots of video games, and when it's been reasonably warm outside, everybody's ventured out. One afternoon, for a game of wiffle ball in the back, today to work on a raised bed, and this afternoon, Ben and Jacob have taken the big kids off to the school yard to fly kites. I think they're hoping to make a trip to the creek this week, but I don't know whether the weather is going to cooperate...
In addition to the bed, we've accomplished a few tasks--I made curtains for the boys' room and made some headway in Molly's room. Most exciting, of course, is the raised bed frame that Ben and Jacob put together today. They used plans from The Urban Homestead. It has hardware cloth underneath to keep out critters, and pvc pipes attached on the side to hold more pvc later for a covered bed if we should desire. Now, we just need to fill it. ;)
I also finished some little pencil rolls for the kids' Easter baskets. The kids seem to prefer colored pencil to crayon most of the time. Now they can take them on the go.
And, this afternoon while Reagan napped and Molly played with her friend across the street, I dyed some silk hankies with Kool-Aid for Reagan's Easter basket. She has a funny fascination with handkerchiefs. That's them in the dye up top. The colors look a little off in the second pic, but they came out nicely. Now we might have to teach the kids to juggle them or something.

No comments:
Post a Comment