Thursday, September 10, 2009

First Day of School


On Tuesday, Killian started sixth grade, Liam, third, and Molly, Kindergarten. I have mixed feelings about school starting. I like having my kids home.

Ben drove Killian to school. The bus arrives at the stop, which happens to be right in front of our house, at 6:50 am. Painful. School doesn't actually start until 7:40, so a ride to school allows a little more time for us in the mornings.


He had a headache when he got home. Apparently, most of the day was spent reviewing the middle school's rules. He was a bit concerned to hear that being late for gym too many times could result in detention. Molly overheard him, and when Grammy asked her on the phone how Killian's day went, she told Grammy, "I think he got detention."

Liam started third grade. This year, there are a couple of girls from the neighborhood in his class. I actually just talked with his teacher on the phone, and she seems very nice. And, apparently, Liam looks just like her nephew. She told me Liam seems to be having a great time.
He, however, didn't share a whole lot of info about his day (which seems to be the way it is with my boys). What was your favorite thing about your day? "I dunno." What was your least favorite thing? "I dunno." It was the first day of school. We don't really do anything the first day of school. So you can't have a favorite thing about your day?

And, Miss Molly. Molly was counting the days to school. She asked me to write up a countdown calendar for her, so she could cross the days off.




She came home telling me every detail about her day. She made a few new friends. And a bully. Her exact words were, "Mom, I have a bully!" Apparently, a girl was not speaking very nicely to them on the playground, but the playground teacher "took care of her." Molly is concerned that she might continue to be a bully. Sadly, she came down with a cold Tuesday night, and was sounding worse this morning and so she had to miss her second day of kindergarten. She was very unhappy about that. This is definitely a change for us.







And, I'm really glad to say Reagan won't be going anywhere for a little while longer.

No comments: