Thursday, July 24, 2008

Summer...

So, the last couple days we've turned off the air in our house.  It hasn't been as hot as usual, so we'll see how we do when it warms up later today, but it is cool at night.  We usually run our A/C pretty much full time, so this is a new thing for us.  I haven't discussed it with Ben, so I don't know his opinion.  But, something about having the house opened up, and wandering outside after dinner, when the house seems to be at its hottest as the setting sun blares into our front door.  Going to sleep without blankets.  Enjoying the breeze through the window or outside in the back yard.....It feels like....summer.  Is that stupid?  I think it has surfaced my childhood definition of what summer is or something.  I tend not to want to put the air on again, unless it gets unbearable outside.  Also motivating was our last electric bill...about 3 times the usual.  

Julie motivated me to actually start using my clothesline for drying clothes, and I have put about 4 loads up this week.  I would have done more, but it rained on Tuesday.  I will put more up today.


1 comment:

Sarah said...

Did you guys sizzle away up there without your AC? ;)